Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, November 9, 2009

Nursery

Yesterday we finally did it. We turned the 'empty baby room' into an actual baby room. Most of my long time readers remember the cute yellow room that everyone who walked into our house would exclaim "that would be a perfect nursery!". And how that damn room mocked me, month after month. The door was always closed and the room had the most random crap in it and I hated going in there.

During a moment of revoltion I painted it a nice chocolate brown. I love it! And it is staying that color. We had two matching white cribs donated to us and we spent yesterday putting them together. I will post pics soon. Tonight I hope to finish the mobiles I am making, will take pics when they are done.

It is so strange to have a nursery in OUR house. US, the infertiles, with a nursery. I feel like both a traitor and a fake. I also feel like us moving forward with the nursery will jinx something. That is why I waited until as close to 24 weeks as I could, and still be physically able to help with it.

But, I am trying to stuff those thoughts deep down where all my other paranoid and irrational thoughts should go and just be excited about it. I almost cried this morning when I walked past the room and saw CRIBS! I am still in awe of it.

6 comments:

Bella said...

That's so awesome! Can't wait for pics!

MJ said...

That is so exciting...congrats and try to enjoy it, although I can completely understand the skiddishness.

Melis.sa said...

I can't wait to see pictures!!

shocks said...

Awesome! I'm so excited for you! You are gonna have even more fun to decorate that room now!!

Caroline said...

Your nursery sounds gorgeous. Chocolate brown walls will contrast beautifully with the white cribs. Enjoy every minute of this very special time. I'm looking forward to seeing a picture. x

Dianne said...

Wow it's like you took the thoughts right out of my head!! We too have just turned our empty room into a nursery! It is so wild for that room to finally have a purpose instead of the black hole that it was before!

Congrats!!!!