Looks like the contractions don't want to stop without a fight. They started again this morning and are about 6 mins apart. They are no where near as painful as they were on Friday night, but I am getting the lower back cramping along with them, and some more bleeding (much lighter this time).
They have upped my dose of niefedipine 10 from 20. They hope that will take care of it.
This morning my OB came by and we actually talked about how if I stayed as stable as I was they would think about letting me continue bed rest from home. I don't think we will have that discussion again for at least a few days. That is fine. I would almost rather be here than at home. If something happens at home I know that while I am still really close to the hospital there would be a delay before they could get the babies out or stop labor and that just scares me. I know at home I would marginally more comfortable, have the dogs around me, and be more relaxed, but it is just not worth it at this point.
Hopefully the next update from me will be that the contractions are all gone:) A girl can hope?
Oh, also, since I need to have mini-goals to get me through this, my first one is Saturday -30 weeks. Then I am aiming for 1/10/10 -32 weeks. Anything after that would be golden. I am dead set on having these two in 2010, but even 4 more days would be great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Oh no! I am so sorry about the continued contractions. But I am glad that your OB sounds so optimistic.
I am home now- but waiting for word from my OB about what my level of activity should be going forward- I am getting inconsistent information from different people, and getting frustrated about it.
Hoping for both us us that our babies bake much, much longer!
Fingers crossed that you get your extra time. I'm sorry about your hospital bed rest over Christmas, but it's probably a big relief to have medical support available when things happen like this morning.
Good luck!!!
I can imagine that it would feel much more comfortable - mentally to be in the hospital.
Thinking of you.
hoping for 2010! But 30 weeks is awesome too! We will just keep hoping and crossing our fingers. I hope the meds stop the contractions.
Come on 30 weeks! I am praying for you and the babies!
Post a Comment