Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

We lost one

Just a really quick update, I don't have enough time to go into how I am feeling right now.

We lost one. I feel sad, relieved, guilty, sick, etc.

How can I feign excitement about having twins after this past week? I think it is going to take some time.

42 comments:

Melissa G said...

Thinking of you.

Lindsey B said...

I have never commented on your blog before but have followed your story via the Bump and your blog. I will be thinking of you. I can't even begin to imagine the mixed emotions you and your husband are feelings.
-Lindsey (LCB34)

Xillary said...

It's okay to be sad--you need to take some time to grieve. Sorry to hear about your little one.

osuraj said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Rachel said...

I just happened across your blog recently, and I'm delurking to say that I think your emotions sound perfectly reasonable and normal. Of course you want your child/children, but on the other hand, of course you would be concerned about the many possible risks that having high-order multiples can involve. Even beyond the risks to their and your health, later come the financial issues and the time issues, and obviously you want to give your children the very best life that you possibly can, which becomes more difficult when you're spreading the same resources among more people. You obviously have considered all of these things, and that (IMHO) already makes you a good, caring, and responsible parent/parent-to-be. I imagine that every parent of high-order multiples has had at least a few "oh shit!" moments, especially when they first found out.
I am sorry for your loss, and sorry for your sadness. I understand that there is little or nothing a virtual stranger can say to comfort you, but I just wanted you to know that I think you are coping as well as anyone could with such happy/sad/exciting/scary news, and I wish you the very best.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. Sending lots of good vibes and sticky thoughts your way for you and your sweet babies. {{hugs}}

Leslee said...

I'm so sorry. Take all the time you need. Sending you warmth....

Melis.sa said...

((HUG))

Anonymous said...

Oh hun...I can't begin to imagine what you're feeling.

I'm very sorry for your loss and all the conflicting emotions that go along with it.

xoxo

Erin said...

All of your feelings are valid and worth exploring. You'll hopefully move through each one and deal with it and end up in a place that is wonderful and peaceful, celebrating the 2 beautiful lives that you are carrying. Thinking of you.

Shinejil said...

I'm really sorry for your loss, and all the confusing feelings it brings with it. You don't have to be excited; just take it one day at a time.

I hope you find some comfort and peace this week.

stacey said...

I just saw this. So, so sorry for your loss. I can't pretend to know how you feel. But I can bet that everything you are feeling is totally normal. Hang in there.

Bluebird said...

((Hugs)) sweetie. I'm so sorry.

Anonymous said...

Over from L&F. ((((hugs))))-

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry.

Courtney said...

I'm so sorry. I think what you're feeling right now is completely normal. I wish you the best of luck with your pregnancy!

Katie said...

So sorry about your loss. I lost a twin this pregnancy and the emotions are so weird and absolutely indescribable. I pray that you start feeling peace very very soon.

areyoukiddingme said...

I'm sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

Oh honey...thinking about you.

ME! said...

Here from LFCA

{{HUGS}} I am sorry you are going through this. All I know what to say is that..and to send you lots of {{HUGS}}

www.ttc-wildride.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

((HUGS)) Sorry abt the loss. Take your time to get through this. Thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

:( a loss is a loss. thinking lots about you!

xoxo

Michele said...

I am so very sorry for the loss of one of your babies. I am sending prayers for your remaining triplets and warm thoughts in your grief.

Cara said...

Pregnancy brings with it a rollercoaster of emotions as it is. Can't imagine how yours had been intensified.

((hugs))

here from LFCA

Nic said...

I am so sorry

Suzanne said...

I'm so sorry. Your feelings are perfectly normal and you don't have to explain to anyone. We're all here to listen to you and support you!

The Mama said...

I have never commented on your blog before, but felt compelled to write and tell you how very sorry I am to hear your news. I lost one of my twins, so I know how difficult it is to go through what you are going through.

I wish there were words I could say to make your pain and fears go away, but I can't, so I will just tell you I am sending you lots of thoughts and prayers.

*hugs*

shocks said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine all the emotions you are feeling right now, so I'm just sending you some (((((hugs)))))!! You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers!

The Ballinghoff Bunch said...

I am so sorry. Praying for you.

theworms said...

you and dh are in my thoughts and prayers, I can't imagine all the roller coaster emotions you're both feeling right now.

(((HUGS)))

Hillary said...

I'm so sorry and am thinking of you today. Even if it is "for the best" it is a loss. :(

Megan said...

I'm so sorry. What a mixed bag of emotions to deal with. Thinking of you.

Mommy (You can call me OM) said...

I'm sorry to hear of this very sad news. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Peace.

Anonymous said...

((HUGS))

cheryllookingforward said...

Sending some warm thoughts to you.
(here from LFCA)

ks said...

I'm so sorry for your loss! Your mixed emotions are totally understandable. I really hope everything goes smooth for you from this point on...

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I am so sorry, Andrea.

JackieMac said...

I am so sorry for your loss

shawnandlarissa said...

I'm so sorry

A said...

Thinking of you... ((HUGS))

Echloe said...

I'm so sorry. Don't feel guilty about taking time to grieve your lost child.

Unknown said...

I can't imagine how you're feeling right now, but I'm thinking of you and your family right now.