Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Update

Sorry for not posting, its been a stressful few days. So, the verdict is -triplets. Much to our astonishment there were three sacks.

However, not all of them looked strong, so we have another ultrasound scheduled for Monday to see. And please no flames or judgmental comments- b/c believe me I do not need them right now- I am relieved that all three will probably not grow.

We knew going into this that triplets were always a possibility, but knowing the stats we never thought it would happen. Especially after a failed IVF cycle. We were thrilled to think that one stuck. But three? Yikes.

I could go into all the fears, stats on preterm labor, miscarriage, etc. of triplet pregnancy, but I am sure most of you know them and just thinking about them makes me want to cry, for the babies, and for me and Greg.

Right now I just need some positive energy sent our way.

37 comments:

Io said...

This must be such an incredibly difficult place to be in, with all the conflicting emotions. I hope that everything works out as well as possible and that you have a happy healthy nine months ahead of you.

Clara said...

I am sending you lots of positive energy! Everything will work out, the universe is unfolding as it should.

Hillary said...

Thoughts and prayers going your way!

makingmemom.blogspot.com

Busted said...

No flames at all. We felt the same way when we first saw 3 sacs in our first pregnancy. Hoping all turns out for the best.

Anonymous said...

Oh sweetie...sending you TONS of positive juju. I can't imagine the emotions you're feeling right now.

No one will judge you. And if they even TRY I will personally go kung-fu on their ass. That's the last thing you need right now.

Sending you lots of ((HUGS)) and love. I'll be thinking about you.

xoxo

Bella said...

Wow, that (triplets) I was not expecting!!! Hang in there, sweetie. You will be able to handle whatever happens and I know it will all work out. Try to take it one day at a time and not worry too much (nearly impossible, I know) everything in the future. ((HUGS)) and congrats! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh sweetie - that has to be so hard. I obviously have never been in your position but have imagined what I would do/feel like in that position. Multiple pregnancies can be very dangerous - to the babies and the mom. There was another blog I read a few times - I will try to remember the name - she was pregnant with triplets and they decided to do a reduction - there were just too many chances of losing all three babies.

She did get some horrible, insensitive and judgmental comments from some really rude people but she also got a ton of support.

I for one will be here to support you through whatever happens.

((HUGS))

Melis.sa said...

I will be keeping you and the little ones in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself and your family as best you can and don't worry about anything else right now. ((HUGS))

Lisa said...

Dont feel bad, I would feel the same way. Triplets is a scary thought (to me anyways)

Best of luck at your next u/s! Hang in there!

Courtney said...

Thinking about you and praying for you!!

IVF Again! said...

I'm still so happy that you are pregnant. Best wishes with everything!

shocks said...

I am thinking of you...sending tons of positive vibes your way...you guys are in my prayers!!!

A said...

(((HUGS))) Everything will work out the best way it can. :) and DO NOT feel bad about feeling this way! Its overwhelming and stressful but I do believe you'll be able to handle whatever happens~ Thinking of you praying for you!

kirke said...

Lots and lots of positive energy coming your way....seriously no one knows how they feel or what they would want until they are actually in that position. Hoping that everything works out exactly the way it should :)

Lanie said...

Wow! What a crazy surprise! You and DH and the little ones will all be in my thoughts and prayers. I trust that the best will come from this - whatever that may be. You only deserve the best!!!

Melissa G said...

I have no advice. Just warm thoughts.

Whatever happens. You will get through this.

Suzanne said...

Thinking of you! I completely understand how you feel. We go into this with the intent of having one baby - who can plan for three?! Just have faith that everything will work out the way it's supposed to. Happy thoughts!!

Anonymous said...

I hope whatever YOUR heart desires is how things turn out....

However many children you end up having, you and everyone else know's you will be a fantastic mother!

Good luck with the next u/s I hope it tells you want you truly want to hear.

xxxx

Leslee said...

Sending you tons of positive vibes. Don't feel bad for your feelings... they make perfect sense to me. Hang in there!

melissa78 said...

(((hugs))) And i am with noswiwmmers I wilwl help kick people asses!!!
Things alwaya work out, Keep you head up.

A Baby Peach said...

I have been thinking about you since Tuesday waiting for this! I hope everything works out in a way that is best and safest for you and the babies. I totally understand how you feel and I would imagine that's so very normal and common. ((((hugs)))))

JackieMac said...

No flames here - I would feel the same way. I hope everything turns out the way you want it to turn out.

Dianne said...

Wow, that is a lot to take in! I just pray that whatever happens you end up with healthy baby(ies) to take home!!!!!!! Good Luck!

Erin said...

Hang in there...just know whatever happens you have a ton of support and understanding here. Your feelings are valid and understood completely by this group. I have so much energy to send your way... here it comes!!!

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

you can get through this, no matter what the outcome of mondays ultrasound. take it easy and take deep breaths..:)

Anonymous said...

i'm super excited for you. you're pregnant! :) let's see what happens on monday as to how many stick around!!

sending tons of positive thoughts your way! ;) xoxo

Anonymous said...

omg, wow! Sending lots of love, energy, and good vibes your way! {{hugs}}

Xillary said...

The worrying never ends! Hope you get some answers soon and will know what's in store for you guys!

Sudbury Creative Reuse Centre said...

Sending all the positive energy I can muster your way.

(LFCA)

Anonymous said...

Oh hun - I hope that everything works out the way it is meant to. Stay strong! I'll be praying for you...

Shinejil said...

It's easy for people--esp very stupid people--who have never been where you are to be judgmental. When I found out I was having twins but that one was a bit too small, I was terrified, excited, thrilled, horrified, all at once. My dad gave me some insight, and it really helped: these mixed feelings are the beginning of parenting, which is rife with mixtures of fear, love, hope, and anxiety apparently. :)

I ended up with a single guy, and I'm happy with that. The next few weeks will be hard. There's nothing you can do for now except take extremely good care of yourself. Things will unfold, and you'll find a way to hold all those feelings in your heart.

just me, dawn said...

just sending you a hug and positive thoughts. Things will work out.

Wifezzilla said...

Good luck, and whatever happens will happen.

:::POSITIVE THOUGHTS AND VIBES!:::

Anonymous said...

Sending many hugs. Take care.

my hope my faith my love said...

sending you prayers that whatever happens you are at peace with it.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and sending lots of positive thoughts your way. Don't worry abt the rest of the world. Do what is good for you and your family. That is what matters at the end of the day. Everything will work out at the end ((HUGS))

Lori LeRoy said...

Thinking of you! You have the right to feel however you want about all this stuff. Don't let anyone tell you differently. Hang in there!