or more accurately, not sleeping:( I knew that carrying twins was going to be rough on my body and am so thankful that over the past few weeks things are been good:) I am still fairly mobile, no more puking, the contractions aren't causing PTL.....but....I can't sleep worth shit.
Let me set the stage for you -I sleep in a full sized bed, alone. Greg was kicked out a few weeks ago, he took too much room:) I have two large pillows under my head which help keep me elevated enough to hold the heartburn at bay. I have a pillow on either side of me so that regardless of which way I roll I have a pillow to stick under my belly. I also have a pillow to put between my knees to take some pressure off my hips. I have a heating pad that alternates from hip to hip all night long and a bottle of water and Tylenol within reach.
Even with all that I wake up about every hour because of the hip/sciatica pain. I usually have to get up, walk around a bit, then lay back down. I cannot, under any circumstance, be in bed for more than 6 hrs w/o being in excruciating pain. And this week it is really getting to me:(
Sorry for the vent, I needed to get that off my chest. I love my sleep. I could win the sleep Olympics before this. 10 hours? Every night. 15 hours, yes please! The bonus here is that I will be completely used to the sleep deprivation once the babies come:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
I thought I was one of the only rare 10-hour sleep champions around! I know I am going to suffer when pregnancy/kids ever comes around! Really sorry about the pain. Enjoy whatever little sleep you're getting now. It'll probably be more than you'll ever get once the twins are born! LOL!
I have the same problem! My hips THROB at night and I am up every.single.hour. too. Its taxing..Its like an evil joke...because you know once you have the babies you are not going to sleep any better either!
I am definately a 10-15 hour sleep girl too! Im gonna be a tired girl when I have kids one day! But you are right, its just Gods way to prepare us for what is to come! I hope it gets better!
I feel ya on the twin pg induced sleep deprivation. I could sleep 12+ hours before too... and now, I'm slightly sad that my sleeping in days are over before we actually have babies in our home. My pain is more back pain than hip/sciatica pain though...
I am always tossing and turning too. Between that and having to pee every two hours, sleep isn't so great. Guess we'll be ready for babies! :)
Ah, memories! I was in the same boat before my twins came. Hang in there and just think about the day when you'll be able to sleep on your stomach again. It's great!
Ugh - It sounds really painful. I hate being sleep deprived.
Sorry you aren't able to sleep well. I love sleep too! You should see if your MD will refer you to a physical therapist to help with the hip/sciatica pain. Find one that specializes in women's health/pregnancy.
Oh Honey, I am so sorry your sleep is not optimal. I sleep 8-10 hours/night no problem so I completely understand your trouble.
Hang in there.
:(
Wishing you rest soon. Sounds miserable!
Oh goodness, that brings back memories!! I remember the aching hip pain so well. And all the pillows - I brought more pillows to the hospital than I brought clothes. By 30 weeks I think I was sleeping in 30 min. spurts.
The good news (and yes, there is good news about this lack of sleep) is that when my twins were born, I actually got MORE sleep than when I was pregnant. Everyone couldn't believe how rested I looked. LOL!
So I'm hoping this horrible lack of sleep and hip pain is just excellent preparation for when you have the twins.
(((huge hugs))) I know it sucks - but it is worth it.
Carol
Post a Comment