I am officially on bedrest today. I was having a lot of contractions the past few days and finally went in to my OB yesterday. They hooked me up to a contraction monitor for an hour and my uterus was going crazy. While there was not what they would call a contraction pattern, there was way more activity than they like to see.
They did a manual check of my cervix and it looked long and closed, but I am going to the peri today to do an ultrasound to check the measurements of my cervix to make sure it looks okay. If it is shortening I think I will be on bedrest for awhile. If it is not, then I think they will put me on modified rest and make me go part time at work.
Right now they have diagnosed me with an irritable uterus. They saw a few braxton hicks contractions, but not enough to be really worried. Though my OB said from here on out I will be on a 'short leash'.
I am going to be terrible at bedrest, I don't sit still very well:) I guess my sewing projects will get done!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
That sounds intense. I'm glad that nothing's going on with your cervix that they can tell, but the peri will be the most reassurance. Can't wait to see some pictures of all the sewing projects you'll be getting done while you're on bed rest!
Wow, glad to hear everything seems to be ok for now. It sounds like they are being very precautionary, which is great!
Have fun with your projects!
So sorry to hear about the bedrest, and will be anxiously awaiting news from today's appointment.
I'm glad that there isn't anything major to be concerned about. Hope your uterus calms down and and that you end up with some fabulous pieces from your sewing project at the end of the bedrest!
No fun, but glad you are being cautious. Have fun with all your projects! I would probably just become a total online shopaholic because I'm totally not crafty!
I'm so sorry to hear about the bedrest, but glad to hear that you're in good hands! Thinking long and strong thoughts for your cervix.
my ob told me that all women pregnant with twins have an irritable uterus :)
good luck with bedrest :) it takes some getting used to, but is not that bad!
xoxo
Glad to hear that your cervix is behaving! Can't wait to see & hear about all the sewing projects...maybe I'll get some good ideas from ya!
Here from LCFA! So sorry to hear about your contractions and bedrest...bah. I had an 'irritable uterus' with my last pregnancy, and was on bedrest from 24 weeks to 36 weeks (he was born the day I went off). I'm also expecting twins now and am very worried about having an irritable uterus again. Already had to do 5 weeks of bedrest due to bleeding at the beggining of the pregnancy.
My best advice with IU is to drink TONS of water and don't let yourself get constipated (TMI I know, but it'll make you contract a TON). Laying on your side is best, though it starts to hurt your back after awhile. Invest in a body pillow, heating pads and hubby massages to help!
If you have any of questions about bedrest or IU, feel free to email me at eve_6025@yahoo.com
Eve
Post a Comment